Tuesday, December 01, 2009

sweet (and not so sweet) distractions



It was great to have the whole family home for the long Thanksgiving weekend...and the family grew by one member when Middle Son and his girlfriend adopted a 4 month old kitten. I'd like you to meet Olive!



She's such a sweetie and I love her to pieces and miss her ready purr already. When she was taken to her new home on Sunday I'm told she fell asleep on the center console of their car for most of the hour-plus ride home.



Yet ANOTHER sinus infection has made sewing difficult,(so I'm way behind where I'd hoped to be at this time) but gluing stuff onto other stuff is always manageable. I loved these little snow guys I found at Target...but a bit of seam tape and some millinery flowers makes them sweeter. I'd figured on having guy-girl couples, but the boys just seem so naked now...so they've come back upstairs to be prettied up a bit.

Got out for the first time in AGES today with Pam...she took me to a super cool antique shop and I'm pea green over the shelf she got! With SCALLOPS. Be sure to ask her to show it to you. It's amazing.

So that's it for today...now that the super sized antibiotics are kicking in, I should have more Christmas stuff to show you really soon.

12 Comments:

Blogger Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Get well soon. And now I'm off to Target to snag me a snowman.
Pat

4:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope you feel better soon! Those snowmen are cute, but that kitty is just the cutest. Of course, I have a fondness for kitties.

4:59 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Thanks for my cute snowgirl head. I love her. I'll put her on my cute new shelf!!(if I bring it in from the trunk of my car.. I'm lazy.)

5:01 PM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

I love those little snowgirls! And a cute kitty that also likes to ride in a car? That is too much.

1:11 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

Did Pam tell you? My sister and I were at the very same store yesterday and you guys! How did we miss you?

8:34 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Your snow girls are making me smile! Cannot wait to see all of your decorations!!

I have what you have - oh how I hate sinus aches. That take the wind from your sails and the zip from your do-dah.

Miss you and Pam!

hugs,
becky

7:46 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

It's so weird but I was just at Pam's blog and thought she said that shelf was yours. I need to lay off the tonic and lime. I can't wait to see how you're going to "dress up" the boy snowballs.

The girls are very cute!!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

What a cute little ornament!! Adorable kitten too. I'd fall in love with it for sure.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Jan Ely said...

Hope you feel better soon!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Melissa C said...

Thank you for the idea on the cute snowgirl. I needed an ornament for tomorrow night and used your idea. Yours is way cuter, I just had a white ornament. Need to find time to go to Target.

7:31 PM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

YOu're little snowperson is so cute! And I'm with Angelina... I can't wait to see what you do with the boy snowpersons.

Hope you feel better soon!

10:27 AM  
Blogger MarmiteToasty said...

AAAaaRRrrrrGGgggHHhhhhh FAKE TREE ALERT lmao

x

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older