Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dolly Dresses + You


So here it is! My version of the Dolly Dresses quilt. I'm so happy that Holly asked me to be a part of this fun event. I really liked the way Holly's panel did so much of the work for me, so I kept the center of the quilt very simple, using her preprinted sashing.



Some of the dresses sport rickrack, others have ribbon, but every dress has a yo yo. I've been loving scallops lately, so it was a natural for me to applique rickrack trimmed scallops onto the border.



The quilt finishes at 49" x 60" and is backed with the same snowy white dot as the border.

Darla Padilla of Wildflower Quilting did a lovely job quilting it for me.



I hope you've been enjoying all of the wonderful projects created by the other designers. Some have provided kits, some just plenty of inspiration. Mine's a little different...

If you've followed along with me for awhile, you may know of my love for Ireland. I've had two brief visits and both times wanted to stay...like maybe forever! Maybe it's a sort of racial memory, but both Ireland and Scotland somehow feel like home.

Recently there has been terrible flooding in Ireland. Epic flooding. And there are many people there who need some assistance.

Sherry, the editor of Irish Quilting Magazine, has been doing a lot to get the word out about this cause. You can click here for more information on how you can help.

Here's what I'd like to do:

The dolly dresses quilt pictured above will be auctioned off, with all proceeds going directly to help the people in Ireland.

The auction begins right now and will close at 9:00 pm, Pacific time, on Monday, December 21st.

To bid on the quilt, leave a comment with your bid amount. The winner will be the person who has left the highest bid.
The winner will be able to send the money directly to Sherry via the Irish Quilting paypal account, and I will be standing by to race to the UPS guy with your quilt the minute the money is sent.

And please, spread the word! I'm hoping this little quilt can provide even more warmth for the people who could use our help.

27 Comments:

Blogger Kathi D said...

That is just about the cutest thing I have ever seen! I'll kick off the bidding with $100.

12:53 AM  
Blogger Minick and Simpson said...

Beautiful! $120.00 here.

5:32 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

So cute and I'll jump in at $150.00. (And although my darling granddaughter is named Annika she has the reddest hair and those Irish genes too)

5:57 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

Oh, Elizabeth! How wonderful for you to do this. My Irish heritage thanks you. Make my bid $160!

I've done a post on what you are doing and I hope it helps!

xo

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

adorable quilt Elizabeth!

H2

8:19 AM  
Blogger Quilted Quickies said...

Beautiful!!! Love the scalloped border. Wonderful touch. The yo-yos are darling. $180 .00 is my bid.

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the little rosettes...reminds me of the designer on project runway who put them on alot of her outfits.

she took a lot of flack for it...but they were pretty stinking cute!

LOL

H2

8:21 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

Beautiful quilt, beautiful you, beautiful bidders!!! Even my word-verification is in the sprit of things... "oroof". I'm sure it's supposed to be O'roof.

9:20 AM  
Blogger rachel griffith said...

it's adorable elizabeth.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Kaye Prince said...

Gorgeous job! So nice of you to auction this off for Irish flood relief. I can not afford to bid (I'm a grad student), but I have been making my blocks to send and did a blog post about the flooding too a couple of weeks ago.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Oh.....how can I NOT bid on something YOU made that is not only ADORABLE but worthwhile, too.
Make my bid 190.00.

xxoo
Becky

11:56 AM  
Blogger LeAnn said...

This is adorable! A great cause, and a beautiful quilt. I bid $200.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Elizabeth, you're awesome! Adorable quilt!!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Because I don't read the news due to anxiety issues I didn't realize there was such dire flooding there!

Your quilt is very pretty and while some people are drawn to shiny things like magpies are, I am inevitably drawn to rick rack.

Scotland feels like home to me. I've never been to Ireland. I hope your quilt does well in the auction!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Julie Stewart said...

Oh, so adorable! $250. is my bid

2:45 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

Elizabeth, You are wonderful, and this quilt is so adorable!! Fantastic--there is so much giving, I'm sure this quilt will be cherished. Thank you for your time and talent and your thoughtfulness in connecting us to the next good person!! Thanks to all from us at Irish Quilting!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a wonderful quilt for a wonderful cause! Beautiful!

5:22 PM  
Blogger sheri bignell said...

Very, Very Cute! Loved looking at all the special touches you added. So sweet!

6:38 PM  
Anonymous busylittlequilter said...

It's beautiful! I love all of the little touches you added.

11:41 PM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Ok, I just have to jump in again at $260.00. Its just to cute!

6:00 AM  
Blogger an encourager said...

What a generous (and creative) heart is parked inside you! The quilt is beautiful, as well as the donation of it to help out those in Ireland. Thank you. I would like to bid $270.

7:14 AM  
Blogger an encourager said...

Hi, It's me again. I hope you don't mind, but I left a long comment at http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=4224#comment-181013 nominting you. They are doing a contest which recognizes generous bloggerinas. Of course, you came to mind, and I thought they should know all about you (well, your generosity with this auction). Hope they pick you!!!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

My Irish roots are calling. After all, my mother named me Kathleen "for her Irish ancestors."

Upping the bid to $350.

2:06 PM  
Blogger MarmiteToasty said...

This is just so very pretty.... Jebus girl you're a clever old clogs aintcha lol

x

3:42 PM  
Blogger an encourager said...

hi. me again. i am so glad there are great bids. I'd like to raise it to $400

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Mary said...

So cute!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Those dresses couldn't be cuter.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older